Welcome to the JBI Resource Center
This site contains provides many support and training options to you as a Joanna Briggs Institute member.
There are pre-recorded training videos for the JBI database and tools. You can view these videos directly from this webpage or, copy the video links for your own site.
There are also a range of intuitive JBI manuals and Ovid quick reference cards available for direct download.
The Ovid Support team can help to simplify the access to your JBI subscription by offering a selection of personalised JBI portals and widgets for your specific institution.
If you have any questions or requests, please don't hesitate to contact Ovid Support team.
The following JBI tutorials are available for the Ovid platform.
Watch videos directly from this site or set links to the videos in your own webpage.
Click on the icon to see more information about each tool.
Please note that JBI SUMARI training is conducted by the Joanna Briggs Institute in Adelaide, Australia and may incur a charge.
JBI EBP Database
JBI EBP Tools
Access all JBI resources from a single convenient landing page, containing any or all of the following tools and features:
- Search widget for the JBI EBP Database, including limits for the publication types and subject areas.
- Search widget for the JBI Book Collection (if subscribed).
- Access any of the JBI EBP Tools directly via the 'JBI Wheel' navigation guide.
- Links to user guides and training videos.
- Branding with your instititutional logo and link to your webpage.
View some JBI landing page examples via the links below.
If any of these are suitable you can begin using the webpage immediately, or contact Ovid Technical Support to discuss a custom landing page.
Embed a JBI EBP Database search widget in your library intranet, to make your website a more effective EBP research tool.
Download the HTML code to set the widget in your own webpage, or simply access the search widget via the link provided.
JBI EBP Database widget
Search the JBI EBP Database, with limits to publication types and subject area nodes. Or leave the search box blank to browse a list of citations from any publication type or subject area.
JBI Aged Care Database widget
Search the JBI Aged Care Database with limits to publication types, or leave the search box blank to browse a list of citations from any publication type.
Also includes icons for the most relevant JBI EBP Tools in the Aged Care environment, including JBI Manual Builder.
The Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) is an independent, international, not-for-profit research and development organisation based in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Adelaide, South Australia.
Healthcare professionals, managers, educators and students from the fields of nursing, allied health, medicine, information science and the health sciences can now strive to improve health outcomes and provide the highest quality care to patients using one of the world’s leading evidence-based practice (EBP) organizations – available exclusively on Ovid!
A complete list of JBI short courses is now available.
Find your nearest JBI collaborating center, here.
JBI EBP Resources offer:
- Point of care content and tools that will help your institution implement EBP.
- Systematic reviews, recommended practices, evidence summaries, and more.
- Evidence to inform clinical practice derived from JBI's Global Collaborating Centres of Excellence in 40+ countries.
- Summarized research evidence in a format that is easy to locate, understand, and distribute to your staff.
- High-quality resources designed for busy professionals who need to evaluate current evidence quickly.
- Resources designed to help assess the quality of research.
- Systematic review software that supports different review types.